Thursday 21 July 2011

TIA

Habari Y'all!


Our power went out again tonight.  A day doesn't go by that we don't lose power.  I'm not sure what the real issue is, if there is too much of a demand or if there are technical/infrastructural issues, but all I know is that its rare for us to have power past 6pm at night (which is when you actually need it the most..since its dark by 7pm).  So while the generator runs in the background, I'm quickly writing this post.


I thought I'd update my blog with a few pictures to show what I've been up to the last few days.


We started working at the Umoja Centre, doing some community needs assessments with the students today!  It was really great!  We are hoping that over the next few weeks we can work with the students to develop programs that deal with issues that they have identified in their communities.  Today's assessment went REALLY well, we got some great feedback and information from the students, and they were all super excited to participate.

This is one of the views from the YCI office in Arusha

Another view from the YCI office, Mount Meru in the background
Just one of what sound like 40 roosters that live in my community.  They are all very early risers, which is unfortunate for anyone who likes to sleep past 4:30am.
My three lovely co-volunteers.
  
Before our lesson, we played a quick game with the Umoja Students.

Working hard in the classroom to fill out some community assessment forms.

Jessie in the classroom. She's a natural.

What do you call Sour Milk + Corn? Leshoro...or a nice lite snack.  This is about all I could stomach.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like something Y would serve at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete