Monday 18 July 2011

Safari Njema!

Habari!!


So this weekend, the other volunteers and myself decided to take a break from the orientation and the planning and enjoy a small safari.  We visited Arusha National Park, which is about a 45 minute drive from where I am living.

At the park we saw a whole whack of animals.  Unfortunately for this blog, I am no great photographer of wildlife, so I’ve included a few of the more scenic shots.  The animals we did see were: Giraffes, Water Buffalo, Water Buck, Bush Buck, Mongooses (or is it mongeese if we saw more than 1?), Flamingos, Baboons and Warthogs.  

Also unfortunately, the animals were few and far between.  We didn’t get to see any elephants, which was too bad.  

My favourite part of the whole adventure was just how scenic the entire place was!  I just tried to describe it in words, but I didn’t think it would do it justice.   You’ll have to visit for yourself!

Mount Meru



Flamingos living in a salty lake (the flamingos are the pink/white blogs REALLY far away)



Mount Meru

The other volunteers took some amazing pictures, and I'll steal those from them and update them to facebook once I'm back in Canada with a faster internet connection!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment