Friday 8 July 2011

So excited I could spit!!!

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go!


I've made a packing list, and I've checked and double checked!  I've got everything I'll need for the next six weeks all squeezed into that bag on my back (and a smaller knapsack I'll use as my carry-on).

I'm meeting Jessie at the airport tonight (well tomorrow morning) at 3:30am and we'll embark on our adventure together from there! 

I'm INCREDIBLY excited that this is happening now!  I was feeling nervous and antsy all week, but now that its go time I'm feeling ready and prepared.  This is the biggest trip I've ever taken, and I am just so excited I could spit!

This will be my final pre-journey posting.  I want to quickly thank everyone who has helped me (and Jessie and Sureet and Marilyn) get ready for this trip.  The advice and support I've received has been so useful and great.  Thank you to everyone who donated to this cause, to everyone that came out to one of the fundraisers and to everyone who has been so excited for me!  Since February, I've only really been talking about going to Tanzania.  I'm excited to come back at the end of August and have stories for everyone about my time in Tanzania!

Keep an eye on this blog for updates.  I've been told that Arusha has a number of Internet cafes, so I plan on updating as much as I can (well...whenever I have something interesting to say).

I'm heading home to Brampton now to spend some time with family and to laze by the pool..although I'm a little too excited to do any lazing.

Send me emails and updates while I'm away!

Kwaheri Canada, Jambo Tanzania!!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment