Monday 4 July 2011

TED Talks

Hi Everyone!

Only 5 sleeps left until I'm going to Tanzania!

With not a whole lot of preparations left to be made, I'm just working on getting in the right mindset for this trip. 

This afternoon I was hanging out with my friend Cassie, and we were discussing TED talks that we had seen.  We then watched a couple together and I wanted to share them on my blog. 

The first is done by a Nigerian author Chimamanda Adichie who warns of of the dangers of a single story.  It is about a 20 minute video, but well worth it.  Adichie is a brilliant speaker.


The second is presented by Dirty Jobs TV host Mike Rowe who has some great things to say about the people who have 'dirty' jobs.  Also about 20 minutes, but hilarious and entertaining with a really nice message.






No comments:

Post a Comment