Thursday 19 May 2011

Toys for Tanzania

OK.  Two posts in twenty minutes...obsessive right?!

I just started thinking about packing for Tanzania, and thought about how I wont have much room for a lot of things.  While my space is sparse, I would really like to be able to pack some toys. 

During my six week project I will be living with a home family and will hopefully be active in the community.  I would REALLY like to pack some toys to bring so that I can play with the local children.  I've had a couple of ideas but I was hoping for some input from ANYONE and EVERYTHING with an opinion.

The ideal toys are: tiny. durable. require little skill.  fun.  universal. simple.

The toys I'm going to pack so far include: A Frisbee.  A couple Hackey-Sacks.  A Deck of Cards.

So if you have any idea of something that I could bring.  Be it a toy, a school supply or just something that you think might be really fun, then please leave me a comment!!

Alright, back to corrections!!

2 comments:

  1. pencils(Canada flag logos on them), a few sharpeners, a few solar calculators,scissors,--- hit the dollar store,, I know these are boring toys, but aim sure they would be appreciated..

    Rastadad

    ReplyDelete
  2. also deflated soccer balls, and take a pin...

    Rastadad

    ReplyDelete