Tuesday 26 April 2011

The 50/50 draw at Bishop Francis Allen School

Last week my mom revealed a wonderful surprise that she had been working on in secret over the last couple of weeks.  She organized and ran a 50/50 draw to help raise some money for me to put towards my fundraising! 

My Mom and I

My mom is a grade 8 teacher at Bishop Francis Allen elementary school, the same elementary school that I attended many many moons ago.
BFA
From grade 2 - grade 8 I attended BFA.  I remember my first day in grade 2, thinking how cool this new school was since my classroom was in the portapack (essentially just an addition to the school..but it had this really cool ramp).  I remember how big the halls and yard seemed.  I also remember growing into and out of the school, going to high school and coming back, everything seemed so much smaller!

What I received an excellent reminder of last week was how supportive and generous the teachers and staff at BFA were, and still are.  They teach by example, and I was truly touched by the amount of support I received from them.  

Below is a list of the teachers who took part in the 50/50 draw:
Hazel Beaton
Anne-Louise Basha
Victoria Bazely
Julie Ginn
Michelle Edwards
Gilles Godin
Tom Srsa
Janet Fleming
Michelle Morettin
Melissa Ricciuto
Maggie Reilly
Tina Grainger
Peter Noonan
Deb Egan
Jenn Geerts
Fran
Dagmar Huber
Krista Phillips
Luisa Guerra
Anna Ferreira
Bernadette Peterka


I recognized some of the names of some of my old librarians, french teachers, secretaries and teachers.  There were a lot of new names on the list too. 

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who helped me raise a whole tonne of money!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great Mom you have!!! No wonder you turned out to be amazing!!!!

    Love
    Bigest Fan & Fav. Aunt

    ReplyDelete