Saturday 19 February 2011

I'm going to Tanzania!

 Hello Readers! 

For those of you who do not know my, my name is Matt Leslie.  I am 25 years old and am currently in the process of finishing up my MSc at the University of Guelph.  This is my first time blogging, so please bear with me while I learn the ropes!

Friday February 18th I was selected as a volunteer to take part in one of Youth Challenge Internationals's (YCI)  volunteer projects! 

I'M GOING TO TANZANIA! 

A modern day Confucius might say something along the lines of "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a simple blog".  Its cheesey and its over done, but I hope that by blogging my experience I can share with everyone what I am thinking/feeling and what is happening in my life.  I'll also give details about Tanzania, YCI and the specifics of the project I'll be participating in.  

I'm not going to Tanzania for about five months, but I would like to keep everyone updated on my fundraising progress and initiatives, as well as all of the preparations I'll be taking before I travel over 10 000 km to participate in a 6 week volunteer project.

Travelling to Africa has been a dream of mine for quite some time now, so I am thrilled that I have this opportunity.

Alright, that is all I've got for now.  I'm extremely excited and have already begun researching the Umoja Center (Where I'll be volunteering), Arusha (Where I'll be living) and Tanzania (Where I'll be going).  Stay tuned for more updates!!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment